The Institute of Saint Joseph is a public association of the faithful in the Diocese of La Crosse. We are dedicated to the evangelical life according to our particular state in life.
We are grouped into four fraternities:
- The Monastic Fraternity of Nazareth: those who live the monastic life
- The Incarnation Fraternity: diocesan priests
- The Annunciation Fraternity: consecrated celibate lay men and women
- The Holy Family Fraternity: married men and women
2016 Fr. John Mary Gilbert, co-founder celebrates his 25th anniversary of vows.
- 2006 Fr. William Felix, co-founder, celebrates his 25th anniversary of ordination.
- 2005 The Chapter of the Institute of Saint Joseph (all professed lay, religious and priests), take first official vote to move forward with the purchase of property for a permanent home for the Institute.
- 2003 Father John Mary of the Annunciation is ordained a priest by Bishop Raymond L. Burke.
- 2002 Sr. Mary Clement SSND passes away. Requiem in Pace.
- 1998 Bishop Raymond L Burke, Diocesan Bishop, raises the Institute of Saint Joseph to a public association of the faithful. Sr. Petra Rose of Sorrows makes final profession of the evangelical counsels.
- 1997 Tenth anniversary of the official founding of the association.
- 1993 First lay candidates make their profession of the evangelical counsels: Vi McMahan, Randy and Nancy Sondelski, Barbara and Bernard Johnson.
- 1992 Brother John Mary of the Annunciation makes final profession of the evangelical counsels.
- 1988 Brother John Mary of the Annunciation makes profession of the evangelical counsels, receives the religious habit and officially begins to live the monastic life at Saint Peter, Tilden, the current center for the Institute of Saint Joseph. Sr. Mary Clement Bresina SSND, begins living with the community to help form a women's house.
- 1987 June 7 -- Solemnity of Pentecost and beginning of the Marian Year, Bishop John Paul, Diocesan Bishop, approves the Constitutions and erects the Institute of Saint Joseph as a private association of the Christ's faithful.
- 1986 Rev. William Felix makes profession of the evangelical counsels.
- 1979 Rev. William Felix and Brother John Mary of the Annunciation (John M. Gilbert), founders, meet and discern a call to begin some form of community.
Restoring the Prairie Church